The BATMThree platform is our flagship product and is the ideal choice for your Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or blockchain-token project. The platform contains our most innovative features and has seen numerous improvements since it was launched in March 2015. NFC cards are one of many innovations on this platform.
All models based on the BATMThree platform offer the same feature-set as our popular BATMTwo model plus much more. The BATMThree is designed to be self-standing and can be mounted to the floor for extra security. Included is a thermal printer for printing wallets and receipts (replacement paper rolls can be ordered from us).
All of the BATM models are equipped with high-end banknote validators (also called bill-acceptors or bill-recyclers), which are also used in many casinos around the world. Our banknote acceptors identify all fake or damaged banknotes, protecting your business against crooks. Our GENERAL BYTES Bitcoin ATMs receive new software updates twice a month so your system is always up to date.
The BATMThree must be connected to the GENERAL BYTES server software called CAS. This server software allows you to exchange and buy back coins, manage your wallets, configuration, fleet management, and much more. We recommend our clients install the server software (BATMServer / CAS) on their own hardware or on the cloud. For example, digitalocean.com (only $20 USD / month). If you prefer not to operate your own server we can run it for you for a small fee of one-half percent (0.5%) of all cash transactions.
Unidirectional and Bidirectional
The BATMThree has the capability to convert cash to cryptocurrency, as well as convert cryptocurrency to cash. When you configure your machine, you determine whether your BATMThree is unidirectional or bidirectional.
1. The customer indicates how much cash they would like to withdraw.
2. The BATMThree will check its cash inventory to ensure it is capable of dispensing the requested amount.
3. The BATM prints out a redeem ticket containing instructions and a QR code with the amount of cryptocurrency the customer must send to the machine.
4. After the customer sends the crypto to the machine, he/she is notified automatically by SMS that the withdrawal is ready.
5. The customer scans the redeem ticket and the BATM dispenses the cash.
6. Meanwhile, the BATM can be configured to automatically sell any collected crypto on the connected exchange, reducing operator risk.
40+ cryptocurrencies supported. BTC (Bitcoin), BCH (Bitcoin Cash), ETH (Ethereum), LTC (Litecoin), DASH, XMR (Monero), DOGE (Dogecoin), ANT (Aragon Network Token), BTXX, BURST, CLOAK, SMART (SmartCash), FTO, GRS, ICG, LEO, LINDA, LSK, MAX (MaxCoin), MEC, MKR (Maker), NBT, NXT, PAC, REP, START, SYS, TKN, USDT, VIA, WDC, XMR, XZC.
The GENERAL BYTES developers typically do not implement alternative coins on request. Adding a new coin explicitly depends on the community and developers of those coins.
You can implement support for any coin or extend current functionality with Open API hosted on Github.
NFC Card Support (optional)
The BATM machine issues the customer an NFC card containing the Bitcoin private key. The customer can later use this card as a Bitcoin wallet to receive and send Bitcoins by placing the card on an NFC reader. Additionally, we offer ATM operators card branding services which make the card not only a wallet, but also a business card. Cards can also be used as a payment tool with our Point of Sale terminal or used with multiple android applications. NFC cards were integrated to improve:
- Ease of use. NFC cards function similarly to a typical credit card. They add an element of familiarity to someone who is new to crypto.
- Durability. Customers have the option to print paper wallets, but the durability is lacking. Plastic NFC bitcoin wallet cards fit well into your regular wallet next to Visa or MasterCard.
- Loyalty. The NFC card can work as a loyalty card, dispensing loyalty tokens instead of bitcoin.
- Great Price! NFC cards cost only 0.4 USD and are therefore an ideal branding opportunity for ATM operators.
Point Of Sale integrated
Eliminate the need for additional hardware to accept bitcoin payments and start accepting Bitcoin for products sold in your store via your own Bitcoin ATM!
Secure by Design
- The Bitcoin ATM Terminal only communicates with the server over HTTPS.
- The BATM / CAS server communicates with cryptocurrency exchanges and hot wallets.
- The ATM does not store any cryptocurrency itself.
- Hot wallets for the ATM can be online or self-hosted.
No Volatility Risks
Unlike other Bitcoin ATMs, purchases are made on the configured cryptocurrency exchange at the time of cash insertion. This reduces volatility risks for an operator. Operators can also choose to run in a standalone mode with no exchange involvement, a perfect option for those who already own the Bitcoin they want to sell. Exchange rates are updated every 30 seconds.
Supported exchanges: See table below
Supported hot wallets: See table below
Remote Management and Monitoring
Terminal configuration is retrieved from the server by the ATM. Configuration options on the server include online terminal status, current cash box contents, exchange rate, cash transaction limits (per hour, per day, per month), customer behavior, performed transactions and their status. The server sends end-user SMS and/or email notifications to the operator regarding certain events, such as when transactions are performed or when a specified level of cash in the terminal has been reached.
Remote Software Upgrade
Future software updates are distributed over the internet without the need for user intervention. This dramatically reduces operator expenses as there is no need to visit the ATM in person to perform an upgrade of the machine.
AML and KYC
A customer’s identity can (optionally) be checked using the fingerprint reader, cellphone number verification, ID card scan, or selfie verification to increase customer cash limits. AML / KYC laws differ throughout the world, but GENERAL BYTES is the only manufacturer flexible enough to accommodate even the most stringent AML / KYC regulations.
The GENERAL BYTES ATM server is also capable of obtaining customer name and address details based on a cell phone number, and run instant background checks against terrorist watch lists. This is required for some markets, most notably the USA.
Your ATM can notify you when cash inside of the machine reaches a certain threshold, when the ATM is offline for more than one hour, or whenever a transaction has been made. This way you know exactly what’s happening with your ATM wherever you are.
Send receipts by SMS or email.
Send bitcoins via SMS (recipient will receive private key).